Global College of Vocational Training
MAHARASHTRA STATE BOARD OF VOCATIONAL EDUCATION EXAMINATION, MUMBAI
C. C. IN INTERIOR DECORATOR
Course Code 304204
- Course Duration : 1 Year (Part Time)
- Entry Qualification : S.S.C. Pass
- Objective Of Syllabus/ Introduction :
This course aims to import & enhance the ability to understand the concept of interior designing and to apply the acquired skill effectively in the relevant areas.
- Employment Opportunity :
1. As freelance service provider in interior designing to various
2. As a full time Assistant to professional designer, Civil Engineer etc.
3. As an Assistant to professional Interior Designer and Architect.
4. Civil engineering firm
5. Architecture assistant.
6. Building material manufacturing concern.
THEORY – I – THEORY (THEORY OF INTERIOR DESIGN) (Marks 100)
Material in construction :
- Brick : Qualities of good brick, Field test, terminology, precautions to be taken in brick laying & size.
- Stone : Classification, qualities of good stone, laying, dressing,
different textures and applications.
- Glass : Types, applications of glass to various interiors.
- Timber : Types, cross sections of exogenous tree, defects in timber, seasoning, application to interior, application of artificial timber e.g. veneers, plywood.
- Steel & aluminum : Application obly
- Cement : Types, field test for cement, application of cement & time
- Mortar Type: Types, application
- Concrete : Types, application, precautions to be taken in handing and
Furnishing and eliding materials, applications of plastic in
Building Component :
- Foundation : Purpose, shallow & deep foundation, Sketches for spread
fooding & isolated column fooding.
- Plinth : Plinth filling material and their representation.
Introduction to load R.C.C.frame structure including beams, column, slab, chaijja, lintel etc. with their general size and placements.
- Roofs : Purpose, flat roof, advantages, laying of slab.
- Floor : Purpose, mezzanine floor, stilt floor, basement floor
- Staircase : Purpose, types, general size, terminology, suitability or staircase.
- Arches : Purpose, types & Applications.
- Procedure of estimating, working art of the qualities of materials required, Estimate of a
small furniture unit, units of measurements for various constructions activies.
PRACTICAL – I (THEORY OF INTERIOR DESIGN) (Marks 100)
1. Test for bricks
2. Test for cement
3. Test for mortar
4. Test for concrete
5. Calculation of quantities of small furniture units
6. Calculation of quantities of materials required
7. Arrangement of brick arch with various shapes
THEORY – II - (BUILDING CONSTRUCTION) (Marks 100)
- Plumbing : Brief introduction to the plumbing services provided for a small
residential building. Plumbing operation for water supply, plumbing operation for sanitary
arrangement, material & equipment's required for plumbing.
- Electrical : Various electrical accessories required for electrical installation, wiring
type, patterns of lighting for interior application of air conditioning unit.
- Painting & Polishing : Paints, types and application
- Brick masonry : English bond, Flemish bond, precautions to be taken in
bonding, king closer, green closer, bat and application.
- Stone Masonry : Ruble masonry, Asler masonry, introduction to artificial stone
and uses, stone finishes.
- Door and Windows : Types of door & windows with their applications, locations,
size, frames and panells, method affixing and fixtures, such as hinges, bolts, locks, handels etc.
- Stairs : Purpose, types - dog legged open well, spiral, geometric etc. general
components such as riser, tread, landing, lead room, handrail etc. introduction to escalator / elevator.
- Drawing : Types of drawing conventional representation of material,
orthographies projection & isometric projection, rendering an and application, scale.
- Working Drawing : Detailed drawing of chair, table, sofa, wall unit, kitchen
platform, wardrobe, paneling, dressing table etc.
- Sketches : Arches, king post truss & queen post trust,
Note : On half imperial size drawing sheet the prescribed number of sheet
from each sub topics are mentioned in the brackets after each.
PRACTICAL – II - (BUILDING CONSTRUCTION) (Marks 100)
1. Sketching practice of conventional symbols of materials
2. Orthographic projections
3. Isometric projections
4. Sketching practice of chair, table, sofa, wall unit, kitchen platform, wardrobe, paneling,
dressing table (detailed drawings)
5. Preparation of sketches of types of pitched roof and Arches.
6. Sketching practice of various types of bonds in brick masonry.
7. Sketching practice of various types of bonds in Stone masonry
8. Sketching practice of various types of doors and windows.
9. Sketching practice of various types of stairs.
THEORY – III – (PERSPECTIVE DESIGN) (Marks 100)
Drawing Types : Orinographic, isometric, oblique etc.
Perspective drawing : Concept, types, methods, terminology
One point & Two point perspective of various units including painting & reading.
PRACTICAL – III (PERSPECTIVE DESIGN) (Marks 100)
1. Oblique Projections
2. Basic design
3. Anthropometrical data
4. residential interior
5. commercial interior
6. various aspects of designing and representation skill, space planning etc.
7. Basic computer applications.
Project : design of residential building.
Project : Design of commercial building.
REFERENCE BOOKS :
Building construction system : M.P.Deshmukh
Material & Construction : B.C.Punmia / Sushilkumar
Interior design : Ahmaed Kasu
Estimating and costing : B.N.Dutta
Professional Practice : Namavati
Interior Design : Pratap Rao
Vastu Shobha : Avinash Sohni